A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More Abstract Artworks 11 '08

My husband Bruce has been pressing me to paint more abstract work.  I actually like   art that is abstract, or at least abstracted, as opposed to decomposed graphic designs, so I decided to give it a try.  Its a lot harder than it looks
"Which way Up"
 First I tried  painting two different 24" x 30" acrylic abstracts on gallery wrapped canvases..    Both came out well, and the process held my attention,  but neither painting left me feeling the sense of tranquility I have after  painting a more impressionistic landscape
"Red Sky in the Morning"

Then I reverted to a more abstracted style city scape.  This style is closer to the way I painted when I was in college.  While I found the process and the product more satisfying than the first two pure abstracts above, it still does not speak to my soul  the way painting a beautiful landscape does. 
"Winter in the City" 16" x 20" Oil
So for awhile I will continue with more traditional  subject matter.  When the time comes for me to move in an abstract direction,  This experience should gives me the confidence to do so.

No comments: