A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Thursday, July 8, 2010

BIG NEWS! You can see my work at Island Art Gallery

After viewing  eight of my paintings, the owners of Island Art Gallery on Pawleys Island have agreed to represent my work.  I am delighted.  The Gallery is located right next to the major tourist attraction of the Hammock Shops  on Highway 17.    It has good visibility from the highway , lots of foot traffic, and does a steady  business..












 
I promptly stripped my living room walls of the Pawley's Island Series and took them over to the Gallery . They gave me a great wall which is well lit both by Northern facing Windows and gallery lighting.  My paintings will be able to be seen from almost every place in the gallery except the classroom..  My only concern right now is being able to paint enough paintings to be able to keep the walls filled and to  be able to rotate the work on a regular basis.

While the owners do not demand that their artists offer only low country subject matter, many of the paintings do focus on that theme, so my work will fit well with the tone of the gallery.  The other artists, with whom I will share the gallery, are highly skilled and offer very professional looking work.  I am pleased to be in such good company.

You can find out more about the gallery by clicking on the title to this post.

No comments: