|Three Wildlife Paintings in progress|
Remember this photo I posted of the Wildlife paintings I was working on last week?
Two of the three are complete.
|Egret in progress|
Here's a closer look at the process. A lite coat of Cadmium red light acrylic was used as a mother color over a gessoed artist panel... After the acrylic dried, I sketched in the main shapes. Then I used ultramaire blue, alizarine crimson, and Cad Yellow Dark oil paint (plus minimal Titanium White) to block in all the main shapes. After that dried, I when back and refined the values in those areas using the same paint hues. Finally, when I was happy with the background, I painted in the egret using white tinted with the colors in the background.
|Finished Egret on a Post|
I used the same process in working on the Redwing Blackbird.
|Red Wing Blackbird in the Cat-tails|