A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Friday, May 31, 2013

Staying on Course 5 '13

My Business Plan calls for me two enter a National Competition this year, so I submitted two of my new State Park Series paintings in the Ray Mar 7th Annual Art Competition. Only twelve artists out of hundreds are juried into the competition each month. Then only the "Best in show" those 12 selections make it into the competition for cash prizes . While a cash prize is nice, even being selected as a monthly finalist is a Big Deal. Galleries and collectors take notice and reputations sky-rocket, so the competition is really fierce. I'm just glad that my work has progressed to the level that I feel comfortable entering it into a national Competition.

No comments: