A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Poinsett Bridge Revisited 9 '13

My reference photo of Poinsett Bridge taken in Oct '12
Some of you may remember that I painted a landscape of  Poinsett Bridge earlier this year.   ( see http://ccampbellsfineart.blogspot.com/2013/04/poinsett-bridge-4-13.html). The photo above is the way the site looked on the day we visited it.   It was a rainy day, and as you can see, while the local color was spectacular, it was definitely on the cool side of the palette.
My  first painting of Poinsett Bridge  complete in April of '13
 While I took some artistic license with arrangement of the vegetation, my original painting of Poinsett Bridge held true to the colors I had seen.   As nice as the painting was, I just didn't feel attracted to all the cool colors. So I decided to take a second stab at it.  

A  second painting of Poinsett Bridge completed  Sept '13
This one retains most of the original paintings composition, but uses a warmer palette.  I'm much happier with this version .  I guess it all comes down to personal taste.  Mine runs to the warm colors, so even when I paint a lovely cool colored painting, I am never thrilled with it.
Which do you prefer?



No comments: