A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Sunday, October 20, 2013

What to do when the universe hands you lemons 10 '13


My husband and I are involved in a major real estate transaction that has recently developed some serious complications.  Getting all the crinkles ironed out is consuming both my time and my energy to the point that I have not been able to focus on any new paintings for the past week.  Worse yet, it may be weeks before the issues are straightened out and the transaction finalized.  I need long uninterrupted  periods where I can focus on the painting process,  or I lose sight of the original vision.  Right now the universe  just isn't providing the uninterrupted time in order to paint something worthwhile..What to do? 
My solution has been to prioritize my time to focus  upon the real estate, then use the time remaining to work on art business (at least the busy-ness)  tasks.
   Updating my business records in quick books, organizing my art storage, priming supports are all necessary  tasks.  


I seldom get outrageously behind  in the business duties,  but I admit  that  I usually do put these mundane chores off until last, and only tackle them after I have exhausted my passion for painting.   Fortunately,  they are the perfect activities for when  I don't have time to concentrate on a painting and still  want to stay productive.  I can work on one of them  for five,  ten, or twenty minutes, then stop to attend to something else, and come back and pick up where I left off without impacting the results.


The best part is that I know that once both the personal and art business chores are complete, I will be rewarded with all the more time to focus upon  doing what I love most.. painting

No comments: