A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Thursday, January 1, 2015

A new year, a new beginning. 1 '15


I love New Year's Day.  It always feels like a chance to wipe the slate clean and start anew .  
 We open our appointment books on January 1; all the pages are blank.  We begin filling the pages with resolutions and goals, and ( if you are as obsessive as I am), begin refining those goals into plans.

In truth.,  Hal Borland was probably more accurate when he said that "the  year's end is neither and end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us" One thing I have learned from last year is that whether I want it or not, 2015 will bring new challenges, and whether I seize them or not, 2015 will bring new opportunities.  So my one overriding goal this year will be to paint more and stress less.

No comments: