A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yawkey Wildlife Center tour and photo shoot. 5 '10

Sunday was a busy day.   Last week my friend Becky Sullivan (center above) called to say that she had arranged for a van tour of Yawkey Wildlife Center for herself and 12 other nature lovers.  Did I want to come?  Of course!

We were not allowed off the van on my last trip there .  I was told I could get off if I wanted to on this trip  so  I had hoped to get some good photos .
 
But the first time I stepped outside, I was swarmed by mosquitoes; after that I opted to stay inside the van.  (Above... lighthouse on North Island.)
 
Even so I did get some very good photos that I can use in my local landmark series.
 
Above is a picture of the second oldest AME church in Georgetown ( My collecting photos of churches for a series I am thinking of painting.)  And below is my favorite shot ... some purple pitcher plants in bloom.

No comments: