A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bulldog Mascot 8 '10

I was in a local garden center a few days ago, taking photos of statuary to use as reference photos for still life paintings, when I ran across this adorable little statue of the Georgia’s Bulldog Mascot.  Now I’m not much of a football fan, but I am probably the only person in South Carolina who isn’t passionate about our local football teams.  Even I know that putting out  a statue that might be mistaken for Georgia’s  bulldog mascot   in the heart of  Clemson U and South Carolina U territory is a sure fire invitation to war.  I could just imagine  the owner of the nursery showing up in the morning to find the  Bulldog  ripped to pieces with Clemson Tiger footprints all about the remains … Or maybe it would be carried off entirely with  a few only South Carolina’s Gamecock feathers where the Bulldog had sat.  What is that nursery owner thinking?
Photo of statue at the True Blue Nursery
I laughed so hard that I had to paint a picture of the little guy while he was still in one piece.
My 12" x 12" oil painting of Bulldog Statue

No comments: