Above is my reference photo for one of the two paintings I worked on in the Saluda workshop. It was the basi sfor the smaller of the two paintings I started last week in the Working Large Workshop.
Above is how the painting looked at the time the workshop was over. I had roughed in the composition and covered the canvas with large areas of color.
I spent the day working on this painting I modified the shape of the rocks to more closely resemble a small gay-scale I had done of the scene. Then I started laying in some saturated colors and enhancing the highlights on the large rocks. I am going to let it dry a couple of days while I study it for any minor changes, but right now I'm pretty happy with the results.