A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Finishing touches. 3 '13


Above is  my reference photo for one of the two paintings I worked on in the Saluda workshop. It was the basi sfor the smaller of the two paintings I started last week in the Working Large Workshop.

  Above is how the painting looked at the time the workshop was over.  I had  roughed in the composition and covered the canvas with large areas of color.

I spent  the day working on this painting  I modified the shape of the rocks to more closely resemble a small gay-scale I had done of the scene.  Then I started  laying in some saturated colors and enhancing the highlights on the large rocks.  I am going to let it dry a couple of days while I study it for any minor changes, but right now I'm pretty happy with the results. 

No comments: