A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Friday, April 23, 2010

Brookgreen Gardens Artist Date 4 '10

Thursday I went to  Brookgreen Gardens to grab some spring reference photos for the series I am doing of their Botanical Gardens.


I thought I would get there early when the light was casting long shadows.  Unfortunately the Gardens do not open to the public until 9:30 am, which is about an two hours later than I would have liked to start. Even worse when I got there, I found busloads of school kids on a field trip.  I spent a lot more time than I would have liked waiting for a scene to be free of munchkins, but at least I got a few laughs while I was waiting.
For example    I had to wonder if this sculptured bear was trying to hide behind the azaleas from the hordes of mini-Tarzans who were climbing all over the sculptures in the children's garden.

These pair of noble beasts looked a little disgusted at being seated amidst all those pretty flowers.  They seemed to be thinking , " Hmmmmph.  The least the staff could have done is plant tropical plants around the King of Beasts!"


Speaking of Beasts... I call this shot Beauty and the Beast.

Just so you can gauge the size of this alligator, I've included a photo with the enormous statue and a human to compare with the alligator.

No comments: