A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lots and Lots of new Spring Paintings

My wall at Island Art Gallery


I will post some close ups when they are dry enough to handle.
Most of the paintings I have at Island were painted in  autumn  or winter with seasonal color to match.    Actually most of my paintings  are painted in very warm  tones  or very cool grays, as I prefer those ends of the palette.  But who wants to purchase a painting of fall or winter foliage, when all around them out of doors azaleas and camellias and dogwood are exploding into glorious shades of pinks and purples?    This past month  I  decided it is time to drag out my photos of Brookgreen Gardens  taken last Spring and start some new paintings. 



Tulips,iceland poppies,  ranunculus, wisteria, azalea have all been blooming on my canvases.  Guess I can paint in Spring colors if I put my mind to it.

No comments: