A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lesson Learned: Watch for Fire Ants


Last Wednesday, while scouting for a plein air painting scene,  I inadvertently stepped on  a fire ant hole.  Before I had time to step back, both feet and ankles were covered with the ants in full attack mode.  I wound up with bites all over both feet and ankles; they even bit me between my toes and on the soles of my feet.

So far I have counted 73 individual bites, and more keep breaking out eac day .  I get one set of bites under control and another  breaks out .  Seven days later, I am still taking antihistamines to control the burn.  Guess I 
won't be  plain air painting in that locationAnd next time I will certainly be paying  as much  close attention to where I am painting, and  as what I am painting.

No comments: