A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Monday, October 22, 2012

There's a potential painting everywhere you look

Raven Cliff Falls  in Caesars Head SP
I spent most of the day checking out the nearby SC State Parks for scenes that  I could use in my State Park series.

Caesar  Head SP  Hiking Train
It wasn't hard to find them.... the area is aflame with Fall color


Table Rock  SP Fall color
So whether I concentrated on a single nearby object
Caesar Head SP scenic highway
or a mid range view
Table Rock SP 
or a distant view of a classic landscape,  there was  a fall scene just waiting to be painted everywhere I looked.
In addition to the Fall color, I collected a lot of reference photos of the rivers and creeks in the area
Another small river in Jones Gap SP
There are even waterfalls to be found  right along the highway
Small waterfall along side of SC Highway 11

No comments: