A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Friday, July 12, 2013

Keowee-Toxaway Shores 7/13

This afternoon, I finally finished my  painting of Keowee-Toxaway  Shores (from my SC Parks  Series).  I had blocked in the composition about three weeks ago but "other stuff"kept me from working on it .e.g.  this morning's  top priority tasks were getting the other 12 finished paintings in the State Park Series photographed,  framed, and  gallery ready.   When I finally got back to my easel this afternoon, I wasn't even sure if  I could remember the scene.   After 10 minutes of watching the video clips I took on site, the excitement I felt when I was when I was first seeing the scene came flooding back .  I love technology!

No comments: