A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Miniature Paintings for CAG Xmas Tree

Ho Ho Ho

You may remember that last month I was busy painting 4"x4" and 3"x 5" miniatures  to donate to Seacoast  Artist's Guild's fund-raiser to promote art in the schools.  I had a blast painting those  minis. 
Surfing Santa
 When Charleston Artists Guild announced it was going to allow its exhibiting  members to sell original miniatures off of  a Xmas tree in the CAG gallery, I jumped at the opportunity.
 Before I knew it I had oil painted eleven miniatures in 6"x6" and 5" x 7" format..
Atlantic Sunrise

About half of the paintings had a Christmas theme,  but I also painted quite a few subjects I usually do not approach when I am working on a series.  The minis include 2 seascapes and 2 flower paintings and 2 architectural architectural renditions... Thats the nice thing about doing something totally different... if frees you up to be creative and try a fresh approach.
Charleston Blues


The miniatures  will go on sale on 
November 20th
  at the Charleston Artist Gallery
  on 160 E Bay Street Charleston SC 29413

No comments: