A Blog about Finding Inspiration

"We have a wonderful world to be inspired by and each new day is like an adventure into the unknown, where things that require a second glance can be captured in time on a canvas for anyone to enjoy forever." (Louise Corke)

Sunday, November 27, 2011

New Paintings in the works

New finished paintings for wildlife series waiting to be framed.

Lest you think all I have been painting for the past two months is  playful miniatures, let me assure you I have been busy.    I decided  to get a head start on the work I will need completed when the South Carolina Wildlife Art  Exhibition opens in February. Since Nov 1,  I have completed six  9" x 12" oil paintings of marsh birds.
Three Wildlife Series works in progress.
I have three more marsh bird scenes in progress.
( For those of you who are wondering... I often paint the background first, leaving the bird itself until last... So the red bird shape will become a white egret... the white bird shape a red-wing black bird (after I complete the background) and the rice gate will have a blue heron added to a post..)

And after I complete the marsh birds, I 'll try painting some mink, river otter, alligators and other SC wetland critters from photos I've collected at Huntington Beach State Park.

No comments: